SET-UP: Begin by adjusting the loops of the Flexistretcher to make the straps shorter. In a seated position with your legs bent in close to you, place the foam pad around your upper back with the straps coming forward under your shoulders. Take each loop and place it on the corresponding foot.
- Slowly extend your legs out to the side into a seated middle split.
- Bend each side and fold your body forward to deepen the stretch.
REPETITIONS: Hold for 60 seconds.
SETS: 3-5 sets
- Slightly bend the knees if the hamstrings are tight
- Loosen the straps
- Sit on a rolled up towel or block if you are rounding too much in the lumbar spine.
- Rock onto your pelvis and slowing roll your back to the floor. Perform the same stretch lying down and fully activating the legs by pressing up into the straps one inch. Complete little pulses by lifting the legs one inches and lowering one inch while keeping the pelvis still.
- Perform a lateral bend by bending the torso to each side. When attempting this stretch really focus on not moving the pelvis. Make sure the pelvis stays grounded and stable.
- Hinge at the hips and fold forward.
- Maintain a straight spine and avoid rounding the lumbar spine to avoid stress on the discs between the vertebrae.
- Press the legs long out into the straps.
- Fully activate the legs by pulling up on the knees and finding a co-contraction of the quadriceps and hamstrings.
- Activate the core.
- Maintain a neutral pelvis.
The Adductors which are the the muscles of the inner thigh, located between the front Quadriceps and the back Hamstrings.CONTRAINDICATIONS:
Hamstring or groin pull or tear
Can relieve sciatic pain
- Improved Developpes and movement to the side which require above average range of motion in the hip.
- Can help enhance hip external rotation and improve turnout by maintaining fully mobility in the hip.
Can't get enough of the FLX 12 Day Challenge? Check out our Video Library for streamable workouts on your computer or handheld devices!