Lateral Bend with the Flexistretcher
Try this upper body stretch with the Flexistretcher to gain mobility before barre, rehearsal, or performance.
SETUP: Sitting cross-legged, hold the Flexistretcher in front of you rbody in both hands a little wider than shoulder-width apart. Pull the band to a tension, and slowly raise your arms up overhead and slightly your head.
- With the strap overhead, slowly bend sideways at the waist, making sure that the top arm does not collapse toward your head, keeping the shoulders drawn down your back.
- Actively pull down the bottom arm, feeling a stretch throughout the side of your torso. Make sure to ground the sit bones as you bend sideways.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Keep gaze outward and lift chin from chest.
- Keep shoulders drawn down your back for the entire exercise.
- Keep hip firmly planted.
VARIATION: Try this exercises standing with feet hip width apart.
Leave a comment