Live in NYC? Planning a visit this summer? We are hosting our first FLX Conditioning Specialist Training - NYC 2015!
When?: July 10-11, 2015
How to apply: Email email@example.com with your request and we will send you an application form.
How much?: $250.00. Cost includes the 2 day training, products and training manual.
About FLX Training Methods: Adhering to the technical requirements and desired aesthetic for which elite level dancers and top athletes strive for, FLX offers a researched training approach of flexibility conditioning techniques combined with methods of pilates, yoga and sports conditioning for optimal results in mobility and strength. Utilizing the elastic resistance and fully adjustable straps, the Flexistretcher® allows one to perform dance-specific or sport-specific movement patterns, concentrating on improvements in execution and mobility. Elastic resistance training methods have been used by top coaches, trainers and rehabilitation experts for decades. Implementing these training methods with the Flexistretcher® allows one to extend their range of motion, without the limitations of gravity, optimizing improvements in flexibility and functional strength. Functional and versatile, the Flexistretcher® is a great tool to implement into your training routine from the studio, gym or home.
The Flexistretcher®: Harnessing the power of elastic resistance, the Flexistretcher® has become the training tool of choice by professional dancers globally.
WHY? The Flexistretcher® is used for facilitated stretching which is an active way of stretching that engages isometric contractions to achieve greater flexibility. Utilizing elastic resistance allows for a variable resistance throughout out an exercise, not relying on gravity, and requiring muscle activation throughout the stretch. Furthermore, as the person stretches the band, the resistance increases, challenging the muscles and allowing a full range of motion. The shorter the straps are adjusted the tighter the tension, raising the intensity of the exercise. Working against this resistance forces the muscle to respond with increased effort, which promotes muscle growth, strength, and power. Lightweight and portable, working with the Flexistretcher® allows you to keep up with your flexibility and strength conditioning routine and create a series of tailored exercises from the studio, theatre or gym.
Learn the fundamentals of the Flexistretcher® and resistance training methods. By incorporating these methods into your personal training or teaching practice you can extend your knowledge and effectively help your clients or students build functional strength while increasing mobility.
Our introductory 2 day course will cover:
- Learning the basics and fundamentals of working with the Flexistretcher® and how you can receive the highest benefits of its elastic resistance capabilities and proven training methods.
- Familiarizing yourself with key techniques to effectively and safely increase flexibility and strength with full body awareness.
- Successfully creating a training program that adheres to different clients, ages and levels.
- Learning how to provide certain exercises tailored to improve dance-specific weaknesses and muscle tightness common to many dancers.
- Creating sequences for a class setting that helps combat common issues to provide optimal results.
- Implementing an effective strength and flexibility routine which allows one to maintain the body in peak performance shape and reach the highest level of performance required of today’s dancers and athletes.
Have questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with FLX Training NYC 2015 in the Subject Line.
**Prerequisite required. One of the following background can apply: Extensive dance\ballet background, professional dancer, fitness training or certificate, Pilates, yoga, college dance program, extensive sport background**