Muscles need more than just strengthening to stay healthy and perform at their peak. Recovery techniques are important, including deep tissue massage. Many sports have repetitive movements that may cause muscle adhesions, collagen bundles, or tight fascia. These may feel painful or result in tightness that restricts movement.
An Infinity Ball is a medium density, barbell type, massage tool that can help break up these knots and bring circulation and nourish the muscles. It is firm to allow for deep pressure but has a rolling surface to allow for constant massage pressure. The circles make it easy to roll while allowing for space between the two circles to change the tension point. And one more benefit, it is small enough to be easily slid into a purse or gym bag.
- Heel Pain. For foot tightness or pain in the heel, place the infinity ball under your heel while standing on the opposite foot. Apply body weight pressure onto the ball and roll the infinity ball forward and back. Perform this rolling pressure for about 30 seconds. Then stretch the calf and soleus muscles. Repeat on the other side. Heel pain can be caused by plantar fasciitis which can also be treated with calf stretching by placing the ball under the front of the foot to prop the foot on an angle and increase the stretch.
- Foot Pain. For foot pain around the toes from jumping and wearing high heels. Place the infinity ball under the ball of your foot while standing on the opposite foot. Apply body weight pressure onto the ball and roll the infinity ball forward and back. Perform this rolling pressure for about 30 seconds. Repeat on the other side.
- Hip Pain. For outer hip pain from sitting too long or overuse. Place the infinity ball under one side of your tailbone where you feel pain or tension in the muscles. Lean onto the ball to apply body weight pressure onto the ball and roll the infinity ball forward and back. Perform this rolling pressure for about 30 seconds. Repeat on the other side.
- Neck and Upper Back Pain. For upper back pain relief that may stem from computer work or using smart devices, an infinity ball can help. Gently place the infinity ball under your back just above your shoulder blades. Placing your hands behind your head and elbows out to the sides, gently lower your head and release your arms to the sides. Allow the weight of the body to press into the muscles and stretch the chest. With deep pressure into the upper back and stretching the chest, the tension will subside and allow better movement. Lie on the infinity ball for 2-3 minutes, focus on long inhales and exhales. Then slowly roll up back to seated.
- Frozen shoulder and shoulder pain. Shoulder pain can stem from a number of conditions, but frozen shoulder is a common condition that can feel tight, painful and achy. Gentle exercise coupled with massage can increase your range of motion and help loosen scar tissue. One way to get relief is with the FLX Infinity Ball. Place the infinity ball under your shoulder while lying on your side. Apply pressure and then gently roll the shoulder for 2-3 minutes.